Provides operational support to the sales team; also responsible for inbound and/or
outbound lead generation for new product sales
▪ Sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, and other sales support functions
▪ Strategic interface with Marketing team for effective execution of sales-oriented initiatives
to deepen brand penetration
- Lead nationwide sales/strategy development and implementation to achieve sales targets.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to drive Sales Team effectiveness on the Job
- Responsible for setting and driving Target achievements of the Team
- Increase Coverage, Distribution and market penetration of the Diabetes Care Unit Brands (Accu-chek/Insulin) Nationwide utilizing the sales process to achieve Volume, Value, profitability and cost savings- targets.
- Execute and document OTJ (On The Job) Trainings for Team members. Coaching of the Reps- Weekly/Monthly plans (Reviews of agreed Targets with the Reps)
- Establish productive and professional relationships with the Top 20 Customers across the Nation… ensure close monitoring of the key personnel in assigned customer accounts and in the open market.
- Negotiate and close deals with Key Customers over and above the Rep’s capacity in the open market and other wholesale Customers
- Expand and grow new customer base with emphasis on WHS Pharmacy Outlets, Chain Pharmacy Outlets… Bulk buyers
- Ensure Performance Management and Appraisal of Team members to better utilize their strengths and Motivate team.
- Set a good example for the team. Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively.
- Ensure effective Credit Control and management expectations are met or exceeded.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Ensure that the Team’s skill gaps and needs are uncovered and closed. Input into training programs for Team.
- Induction, onboarding, and training of new sales reps.
- Reporting for weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Sales and Forecasts and Market feedback on competitor's activity and offerings
Education & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2:1 grade in Medical Sciences
- Proven 4-6 years’ work experience as a Sales Manager (Having first-hand experience of growing through the Organization in Field Sales related roles)
- Experience managing a high-performance sales team in an FMCG/Medical Organization
Sales Strategy Development
- Channel Management
- Capacity to set and achieve targets
- Stakeholder management
- People management/Leadership
- Industry knowledge/Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication; writing and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Ethical and trustworthy